Every Picture Tells a Story is an IFCKC signature event.
Filmmakers pair up with regional artists or every kind, to tell the stories of those artists and their art.
While primarily a documentary competition, films can be interpreted in any genre.
**The next EPTAS is TBD**
- Submissions must be delivered via a digital download.
- Digital Cinema Package (DCP) is preferred. Otherwise, they can be converted.
- Audio needs to be recorded at a level between -4 and 0db.
- IFC will not be held responsible for loss of any materials, for screening problems, or for judges’ decisions.
- Each paid entrant will be given one free admission to the screening to distribute at will. Other team members and guests will be charged admission to attend the screening.
- The IFC may choose to not screen or cease screening of any film at any time.
- JACKASS CLAUSE: Films which expose persons or property to undue risk of injury or damage will not be accepted. Any screening will be halted and will automatically be disqualified from judging.
- The Independent Filmmakers Coalition will retain non-exclusive screening, promotional, and reproduction rights to all entries.
- The time limit is eight (8) minutes. Time will be measured from first sound, credit, image, or scene to credits’ end.
- If in your opinion the film might get an R rating from the MPAA, let us know so we can alert the audience. Failure to notify the IFCKC of adult content will result in disqualification from the contest.
- Late films may still be screened at the discretion of contest officials but they will not be eligible for judging. Late films may still be eligible for audience choice award.
- THE TEAM SUBMISSION FEE WILL NOT BE REFUNDED FOR ANY REASON.
Before your film starts, please insert 3 seconds of black, then 5 seconds of a “Title Card” (simple white text on black background) with your Team Name and Title of your film, and finally 3 additional seconds of black.
- MP4 File
- 24 fps
Digital Cinema Package (DCP) format is preferred. Otherwise, they can be converted.
The Entrant should not distribute their entry/video in any way prior to it receiving its official EVERY PICTURE TELLS A STORY premiere screening. This includes uploading the video to any website.
Judging of Entries:
Entries will be judged by a group of industry veterans based on the judging criteria stated below:
- Element Adherence and Storytelling – 33%
- Film language, Originality, Visual style – 33%
- Technical Merit – 33%
Participants must be present at the screening event and prize presentation immediately following the screening to be eligible for the competition awards.
Winners will subsequently be announced and posted online.
Any questions in regard to the contest rules should go to firstname.lastname@example.org